Pastors will always be on the front lines of care, especially during times of crisis. But there are always many more needs for ongoing, one-to-one care that pastors cannot effectively meet by themselves.
Stephen Ministry provides a biblical solution – equipping God’s people for ministry. Gifted lay people are trained to support and extend the care that pastors continue to provide.
What is Stephen Ministry?
Our congregation’s Stephen Ministry equips lay people to provide confidential, one-to-one christian care to individuals in our congregation and community who are experiencing difficulties in their lives.
A Stephen Minister is …
- A child of God who walks beside a person who is hurting
- A care-giving congregation member who was carefully selected to serve in this role
- A lay person who has received 50 hours of training in providing emotional and spiritual care
- A Christian friend who listens, cares, prays, supports, and encourages
- Someone who will be there for his or her care-receiver, meeting faithfully for about an hour each week, for as long as there is a need
Please contact us if you are interested in training to become a Stephen Minister or a Stephen Leader at firstname.lastname@example.org.